syslog messages on console

I have two PC's, one sarge and the other sarge with exactly the same
configuration for syslog-ng.  They are on the same segment in our
network.  On the sarge machine I regularly get messages on tty1-11 (I
have X11 on tty12) about invalid ICMP broadcast packages from a
machine somewhere else on the same segment.  Not on the sid machine.

If it is not syslog that is causing this, what can?  And how can I
stop it?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to
      become the sons of God, even to them that believe on
      his name"        John 1:12