Re: Gnus not including text in follow-up

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro@dutra.fastmail.fm> writes:

> 	Have been trying to use Gnus.
>
> 	When trying to F (follow up quoting message), I get:
>
> run-hooks: Symbol's function definition is void: turn-on-mime-edit
>
> 	Checked my .emacs.el etc, but I really have no idea about what to look
> for or where.
>
> 	Any tips welcome.

Run emacs with the -q switch.  Does it still do it?  If not, you have
a problem in your .emacs.  If it still does it, try starting emacs
with the --no-site-file option.  If the problem goes away with that
switch, you probably have a problem with a site-start.el file
somewhere in your load-path.

Either way, set debug-on-error to t to get a backtrace.  The backtrace
will tell you what Gnus is choking on.  Post the trace here, or mail
it to me if you have problems.

Good luck.

--
Lift me down, so I can make the Earth tremble.
                                --Bucky Katt