Re: Has anyone ever thought of getting the reply-to changed?

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 06:36:36PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:30:30PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > But if you're not put off... you're right that it doesn't require
> > much. If you're using exim (which is the default MTA with Debian),
> > create a file ~/.forward containing the following (note that the line
> > "# Exim filter" must be the first line of the file):
> >
> > # Exim filter
> >
> > if $header_List-Id: contains "debian-user" and $header_Reply-To: does not contain "debian-user"
> > then
> >     pipe "/home/yourusername/bin/du-add-reply-to"
> > 	seen finish
> > endif
>
> Problem:  What happens if the user sets the reply-to themselves?

With mutt, at least, which it seems can generally be trusted to do the
Right Thing, both reply-to headers are honoured, so hitting 'r' sends
a reply both to the list and to the user's specified reply address. I
think it is reasonably likely that this is what the user wants :-) (at
least, nobody who sets reply-to themselves has complained at me yet!)

If you change "debian-user" to "*" in the conditional, any messages
with a reply-to already set will not be modified. This might be
thought better.

As I said, nits can be picked...

--
Pigeon