Re: iptables question

techlists wrote:
I have a box that I use for routing, it's running sid, with ipmaq on
it.  It works fine for the most part.  For a while I had an internal
axis webcam that was port forwarded.  I use to put in the following at
the command prompt

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j DNAT --proto tcp --dport 8888
 --to-destination 192.168.0.200:80

this always worked before, but recently I installed a new server for
routing, and set it up the same, but when I put the iptables line in, it
no longer works.  I don't get an error, but when I open up a web browser
it trells me the connedction was refused.

Am I missing something?

Stan

I've always put the "-j DNAT" portion towards the end of the line, just
before the "--to-destination"  maybe that would help.
hgh.

--
Henry Hollenberg
hgh@rcwm.com