Re: mapping mouse buttons

[Anthony R. J. Ball]
>   I have been looking around with no luck.
>
>   Is it possible to map extra mouse buttons, like buttons
> 6 and 7, to keycodes?

There are different things you can do, yeah.  Assuming of course that
your mouse driver is set up to know about your extra buttons, of
course.

I think you can map mouse buttons to keypresses, using 'xmodmap', but
possibly not.  In any case, what you probably *really* want to do here
is map mouse buttons to specific actions to be taken by your window
manager.  That you can do, although the specific configuration method
will vary by window manager.

Peter