Re: Failure mounting extra partition on boot

In article <[🔎] 32809.192.168.1.125.1076476833.squirrel@rectory.pointclark.net>, Bruce wrote:
>  /dev/hda3 / ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
>  /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ext3 defaults,auto,users,exec,noatime,notail 0 0
[..]
>  root@0[bruce]# mount /mnt/hda1
>  mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1,
>        or too many mounted file systems
>  root@0[bruce]#
>
> However, it will mount properly if I give the following command
>
>  root@0[bruce]# mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1

The only difference I see is that in this case, you don't specify
the filesystem type, and mount figures it out itself. So, are
you sure it's ext3? Does
  mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
work? what does dmesg (or /var/log/kern.log) report about the filesystem
type after you successfully mounted it?

joostje