Re: Mutt - decoding of QP-escaped headers

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 05:48:50PM +0100, Shot wrote:

| My Mutt (binary from unstable) seems not to decode some QP-escaped
| headers for display, nor QP-escaped attachments names (for display and
| saving). I'd suspect it's an error on the sender's part, but other
| mailers do decode such headers properly; an example:
|
| Subject: =?iso-8859-2?Q?czu=B3y barbarzy=F1ca - zaproszenie?=
|
| the Subject of the above email is displayed verbatim in Mutt and decoded
| properly by The Bat. Is there a way to make Mutt decode this kind of
| headers?

I guess the only solutions are :
    1)  Correct the sender's software to encode the data *correctly*
    2)  Patch mutt to handle this incorrect encoding the way you want
            it to
    3)  Put a filter in your delivery chain that re-codes the bad
            headers correctly

| *My own* emails, coded by Mutt, seem to have headers such as
|
| Subject: Re: GLOS =?iso-8859-2?Q?MI=B3ki?= Malzahn

| and they "work". Emails looking like this

Note that this does not have any spaces in the encoded portion.  Edit
the message mentioned above and change the header line to

    Subject: =?iso-8859-2?Q?czu=B3y=20barbarzy=F1ca=20-=20zaproszenie?=
or
    Subject: =?iso-8859-2?Q?czu=B3y=20barbarzy=F1ca?= - zaproszenie

and it will work.

-D

--
Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved
person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.