Re: Rejecting viruses the Right Way[tm]

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
If a message is either rejected (during the SMTP dialog) or bounced
(after accepting and queueing the message) then the same innocent
third party receives some junk mail.[1]  The difference is only in
which server is sending the bounce message.

The presumption being, of course, that the other side is a real MTA and not the virus/worm itself. Rejecting is acceptable as the onus is on the other side on what to do. You're not generating the bounce. If it is a virus/worm then it isn't likely to generate a bounce. If it is an MTA then they had best get their act together and not propigate viruses.