Plustek 9636P and SANE on Debian Unstable?

Could anyone give me any help with this? I've cursed myself with a parallel port scaner, it seems, and I have to go about creating devices and all sorts of stuff. Basically, I'm very very lost and also it looks as though I'm supposed to be using some kinda kernel module, but I'm not sure. Some of the stuff I've read seems to indicate it may be optional.

If anyone knows anything about this, please reply :) Thanks alot.

Joe