Re: wine from vmware

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:19:52PM +0200, Gustavo Halperin wrote:
>  I'm using VmWare, work very good. But if I want use a little
> aplication from windows.....
> Is any way to mount the windows partition of VmWare and use it with Wine
> ????

In some cases you may do the following:
1. find offset of fat in vmware virtual disk (I use win98 with fat, with
ntfs it may be different):
$ hexdump -C /path_to_diskfile.vmdk |grep MSWIN4
convert first hex number to decimal and use it for offset in mount.
2.
$ mount -t vfat -o loop,offset=32256 /path_to_diskfile.vmdk /mnt/vmdisk

Before write to disk you must turn off your VM.

If your virtual disk consist more then 1 file look at the vmware-mount.pl.

Hope this help.
--
Be happy!