Re: ntpd connection problems

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 02:04, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> I have ntp-simple installed on one debian woody server syncing time
> from a few external servers. I have several other debian woody servers
> trying to use ntpdate to set their local clocks from the server. It
> doesn't seem to be working. Here is what I have tried:

Well, can't help you with that but since you're distributing time from
one server to a bunch of others you could use ntpd's broadcasting
feature.
Saves a lot of overhead.

If you want to give it a try put

# values for production environment
server your.primary.time.source minpoll 10 maxpoll 12
# t-online's time server in my case
#server ntp1.sul.t-online.de minpoll 10 maxpoll 12
broadcast 172.16.1.255 minpoll 10

in your servers ntp.conf and (if i recall it right) either

enable bclient

or

broadcastclient

in your clients ntp.conf.

HTH

Michael

--
Michael Dominok		Tel.: +49 231 61048 - 42
natural computing GmbH	Fax.: +49 231 61048 - 40