Re: Postgresql is not accepting TCP/IP connections.>ITS WORKING

Thanks for all the help.

On versions to 7.2 the startup script looked in /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf for the option
tcpip_socket = true to be set and put the -i.

I figured out now that in version 7.4 you have to set the option in
postmaster.conf as: POSTMASTER_OPTIONS="-i"

restarting postgres and all works.....

I'm not sure if postgresql.conf still is used (don't think so).

hans

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:28:50PM +0100, Hans Steinraht wrote:
> hi there,
>
> I have upgraded to postgresql 7.4 on my debian unstable computer.
> Reloaded the databases and all seems to work fine (can connect to postgres
> with psql)
>
> The only waht not is working is that I cannot connect to postgresql through
> TCP/IP.
> In /etc/postgresql.conf I have: tcpip_socket = true, but its not working.
>
> Can anyone give me some advice what to do.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Hans
>

> --

--------------------