Mutt + Korn

Dear list,

I use the Mutt email client together with KDE's Korn new mail
notifier, and have the following problem.  When new mail arrives,
Korn will notice and alert me to the fact.  I then go to Mutt and
read the new mail.  After reading the new mail in Mutt, it is no
longer marked as new Mutt-internally.  However, Mutt does not
automatically resynchronise mailbox state with the mbox file on
disk, and because Korn only watches the file on disk, it does not
realise that I have read the new mail and keeps telling me I
haven't.  I have to manually resynchronise the mailbox with the
disk file by pressing the $ key in Mutt, and that gets old
quickly.

So basically my question is: How can I get Mutt to automatically
resynchronise in-memory mailbox and mailbox file whenever the
newness status of a message in that folder changes?

Cheers,
Stefan

--
Stefan Baums