Re: how to stop alert "Nvi saved the file .procmailrc"

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 12:56:47PM +0000, David Turner wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 February 2004 11:45 am, Stephen wrote:
>
> <snip>

> > >-- Subject:  Nvi saved the file .procmailrc
> > > Body: On Mon Jan 26 16:37:17 2004, the user root was editing a
> > > file named /home/david/.procmailrc on the machine anubis,
> > > when it was saved for recovery. You can recover most, if not
> > > all, of the changes to this file using the -r option to vi:
> > >
> > >   vi -r /home/david/.procmailrc

Hi,

I think you should simply do what it wants:

vi -r /home/david/.procmailrc

See what happens. If the file does not contain what you want, just do
:q!

Then vi should be satisfied and not send any more mails. (At least it did so
in a similar situation on my computer.)

HTH
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

# Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
# your ~/.signature to help me spread!