Re: flash plugin

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 16:07, Daniel Ferreira wrote:

> I'm trying to install the flash plugin (6.0.79.0) but it isn't
> working. When I try to acces some webpage which contains some flash,
> the browser is closed. I'm using mozilla-firebird 0.6.1 but the same
> problem happens when I'm using mozilla 1.4. I've tried to install the
> plugin in 3 different pc (all them have debian 3.0 with gnome 2.2
> running) but the problem persists. Does anybody know how to solve the
> problem?

Have a look at http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/phoenixlin.html

I had the same problem but after reading the following ...

"If Flash Player does not work, make sure you have a compatible version of
libstdc++ present (libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3). On RedHat based systems,
install the package "compat-libstdc++" (Package "compat" on SuSE)."

And then apt-get'ing libstdc++ it all started working.

Give it a go !