Using VLANs on Debian

I'm trying to get VLANs to work on a Debian box. I've installed
the vlan package and compiled vlan support into the kernel. Everything
seems to work fine when I configure the interfaces manualy. However I
can't figure out how to make sure the interfaces will come up automaticaly
at boot time. The vlan package installs /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/vlan
but there is no information on how it is used.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Senior System Administrator
Sony Service Center (NSCE/VPE-B)
The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1
B-1935 Zaventem, Belgium
Telephone: +32 (0)2 706 43 11 Fax: +32 (0)2 700 86 22