DVD writing problem

Hi:

 I am using sid.  I have already successfully written the testing dvd's
 using jigdo. I am using Memorex DVD+RW 4.7GB (120 min video) dvd's. I
 repeated it for the sid dvd's and failed.

 I did the same thing that I did when I wrote the testing dvd's:

 growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr0 filename.iso

 IT comes up with : Value too large for defined data-type.

 Trying to format it with dvd+rw-format /dev/sr0 goes up to 9.5 percent
 formatting.

 I have even tried growisofs -Z dvd/sr0 -R -J filename.

 The same problem.

 The drive acknowledges it is a 4.7GB dvd.  AM I doing something wrong,
 or is there a problem with the disc?  I tired xcdroast, but it gives an
 error on blanking.

 Any suggestions will be appreciated.

 Sebastian Canagaratna
 Department of Chemistry