RE: Help setting up postfix as mail relay - is this the way ? - transport.dir error

peteredhair@netscape.net wrote:

>I'm looking to replace on ISA server with a postfix mail relay and spamassassin.
>
>I'm using debian stable and did an apt-get install postfix
>On main.cf i have the following:
>
>command_directory = /usr/sbin
>daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
>program_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
>
>smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Debian/GNU)
>setgid_group = postdrop
>biff = no
>
># appending .domain is the MUA's job.
>append_dot_mydomain = no
>myhostname = mail.mylocaldomain
>alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
>myorigin = /etc/mailname
>mydestination = mail.mylocaldomain, localhost.mylocaldomain, localhost
>relayhost = mail.myrelayhost
>mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
>mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
>mailbox_size_limit = 0
>recipient_delimiter = +
>mail_name = mail
>mail_version = 1.1.11
>
>what i needed to do is to have a table which allowed me to relay email for a domain to a specific host, something like this:
>
>mail for local host gets delivered locally
>mail for users@domain-a gets sent to server A
>mail for users@domain-b gets sent to server B
>all other to myrelayhost
>
>How can i do this ?
>
>Thanks in advance

I've added the transport_maps = dbm:/etc/postfix/transport directive
added the domain mappings accordingly and built the transport.db file.

Is this the way ?

i keep getting this error:

Feb  2 15:58:51 relay postfix/trivial-rewrite[7160]: fatal: open database /etc/postfix/transport.dir: No such file or directory
Feb  2 15:58:52 relay postfix/master[7148]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 7160 exit status 1
Feb  2 15:58:52 relay postfix/master[7148]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

How can i solve it ?

Thanks

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.