Re: Apache 2

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 03:56:35PM +0100, Thomas Carrié wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
> >On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 10:33:45PM -0500, Timothy M. Spear said
> >>	I am getting ready to rebuild a server with debian. Has anyone ported
> >>Apache 2.0 to Sarge and posted the APT files?
> >

> >If you're actually going to use sarge on a server (and deal with the
> >lack of security updates), just get apache2 from sid.  If you're using
> >woody, you can get .debs from http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/.
>
> How different is the apache2 at http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson from
> the one at http://bacports.org ?

Probably not much. The reason I have Apache 2 at
http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/subversion-woody/ is because
Subversion needs it if you're using the WebDAV access method, and I
don't want to have to make people use lots of separate backport
repositories just to get Subversion, not to mention that sometimes I
need to update Apache and Subversion rather carefully in sync.

(Also, I'm not sure that backports.org existed when I originally created
subversion-woody.)