Re: xmms broken lately on Testing

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:17:19 +0800
Uwe Dippel <udippel@uniten.edu.my> wrote:

> ... very lately, indeed. Yesterday I used it without problems; today,
> after the latest upgrade, it opens, everything okay, but when clicking
> 'Play' it simply doesn't do anything. It neither complains nor crashes
> / freezes.
> Simply nothing. Doesn't play; doesn't advance the counter.
>
> Any idea welcome !

I've seen this caused numerous times (especially on a machine running
Sarge) by an esd/artsd crash. Killing it and restarting it should bring
it back.

No need to resort to the ol' three finger salute. :-)

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Double your disk space - delete Windows!
http://www.linux.org