Re: Mobo with fan controls

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:55:21 -0800, Wendell Cochran wrote:

> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:27:57 -0600
> From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>
>
>> I am looking for a mobo that has controls on for all its fans so
>> they can be turned off or down when not needed . . .
>

> PC Power & Cooling (& maybe others) sells power-supply units with
> fans that vary speed according to the temperature in the box.

I use an Antec PLUS1080AMG case with a 430W PS which works as you
describe.  It'a a lot quieter than my previous Enlight case, despite
all the fans.  A nice touch is a grille for a side panel fan, which blows
onto the PCI slots.

A great case if you have a few disks, etc.

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual