Re: Exim vs Procmail (was: Sendmail vs Exim vs Others)

Moin,

* Adam Aube wrote (2004-01-31 04:18):
>On Friday 30 January 2004 07:09 pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> However, procmail isn't perfect. The main problem is that it isn't
>> very powerful and may need other tools (mainly formail, but also
>> perl for the most complicated filters). A 100% perl-based solution
>> (with primitives for MIME decoding) would probably better for me.
>
>Have you looked at maildrop? I've never used it myself, but others have
>highly recommended it over procmail.

I switched from Procmail to Perl solution and from that to Maildrop.
It's very nice to use, and even the more complicated parts of my Perl
setup were easily translated because of Maildrop's GDBM support.

I wouldn't use Procmail anymore because its syntax is an insult, but
Maildrop is also more powerful. A translation of my old Procmail
filters I did (before finding and using the Perl tool) only took a
couple of minutes.

>I know it comes with various mail processing utilities (including
>MIME processing).

I never used anything more than reformail, so I'm not sure about that.

Thorsten
--
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President
should on no account be allowed to do the job.