Re: Web server with PHP setup & mod-ssl

Danny O'Brien wrote:

Thanks for the response. I took the action you suggested -- but I didn't delete the previous /etc/apache/httpd.conf file. Now, instead of showing my site on a Web page, my browser treats the main PHP page as a file download and dumps the file to my desktop.

Should I remove apache-ssl, wipe the httpd.conf file, and start over from scratch? Or is there something in the httpd.conf file that I'm missing? I can't find a reference to an SSL module or anything similar.

You will need to set up php in both apache AND apache-ssl. If you simply install the modules for php etc...that don,t quite cut it. Youi also must uncomment the line in both these files that represents the modules.
/etc/apache/httpd.conf  and /etc/apache-ssl/httpd.conf they are very dirrerent.
--
John Foster
Advance-Computing Systems