Re: Converting rpm to deb with alien loses dependencies

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:13:37 -0500
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net> wrote:

> I'm hoping to convert an rpm package to a deb using alien in an
> automated process on a redhat machine.  I've installed alien (8.43),
> dpkg (1.10.18) and debhelper (4.1.89) on the redhat machine from
> source.
>
> The issue I'm having is that the converted packages lose the
> dependencies that were defined in the rpm:
Hi
It has been a while since I used Redhat (and rpm), but as far as I
remember, rpm dependencys are files, not packages, whereas in debian, it
is based on the package...which results in that it is nearly imposible
to automatically create them..
And if I read the manpage of alien correctly, alien does only support
dependencys when converting from lsb packages....

yours,
Albert
--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>