ImageJ - Java Question

Hi,

I'm trying to run ImageJ a Java Image processing application.  It comes with
the SUN Java Runtime Enviornment version 1.3.  When I try to run the program
according to the instructions from the web page

http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/docs/install/linux.html

I get the following error, it seems to expect another c++ library than I have:

/usr/src/ImageJ/jre/bin/i386/native_threads/java: error while loading shared
libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I have following installed

k2bio10:/usr/src/ImageJ# find/|grep libstdc++-
/usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so
/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.a.3
/usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.a

Any way I can circumvent this?  Should I try to fake the library with a link?
Or on the other hand, are there any equavalent/better Java runtime
enviornments that I could install and compile the applet directly?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler