Ssh hangs

Hi,

I've been having problems ssh'ing into one of my debian "woody" 3.0r2
boxes.   I can ssh into the box and move around somewhat but if I do a
long listing like ls -l on /usr/lib or bring up a top in a ssh window
the ssh connection seems to hang and won't free itself.  Some times if I
create another ssh connection to the box the previous one will give me
back a prompt.  But it seems after a bit of time I'll have a ssh
connection hang.  Other debian distro boxes seem to have no problem just
wondering why this one would give me trouble.

I previously had RH8.0 on this box and had no problems with ssh.

Not quite sure what could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Brent