Re: libmemoize-perl/testing: Broken package?

On (28/01/04 15:00), Sam Ruby wrote:
> I'm new to Debian (previously I used RedHat).  My ultimate goal is to
> install mythtv, but for now I seem to have isolated a reproducible
> problem with a CPAN module.
>
> Environment: a machine wiped clean.  Fresh minimal netinst of sarge
> (vintage 20040124).
>
> I then update /etc/apt/sources.list to look like this:
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main non-free contrib
> deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
> deb http://cedar-solutions.com/ftp/debian stable main
> deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian woody mythtv

Hmm. This is not good .... mixing "testing" and "stable" is a baaad idea.
They have different dependencies.  If you want testing change
stable/woody to "testing" throughout.

If your system is already broken I suggest you use aptitude to
remove offending packages.  The best thing is probably to remove
all non-essential programs, stablise the system so that everything is
working properly and then add what you need.

Information on releases is at:
http://www.debian.org/releases/

HTH

Clive