Re: rebuilding /etc/rc<n>.d Scripts

Hi again,

Micha Feigin:
> I just had a system crash (reiserfs) and after fsck everything comes up
> fine but looking at lost+found and as a result at the /etc/rc<n>.d
> directories it seems that some of the links there were lost (mainly
> under /etc/rc6.d).

Hm. You use reiserfs AND you have entries in lost+found??? Do you exactly
know what failed? hw problem on disk??? powerfailure?? I would not sleep
well having a journalling filesystem with errors, unless I can explain them
in terms of hardware. *shiver* You _do_ have backups, don't you?

> Any automatic way to restore that to the default
> depending on the installed packages? (or any other way what the systems
> intended those links to be?,

Could be that gui-tools like ksysv --- iff you have used them before ---
keep a separate record of the links. And iff so, could be that you can
restore them *** wild guessing ***

Cheers,
Erich