Re: 2 questions from debian noob

On 2004-01-27, Timmy P. penned:
> hello,
>
> i was wondering if yall could tell me why the network install for
> debian does not support Internal PCI cards.  I do not have a laptop,
> and can not spare 7 cds to install the os that i have heard so much
> good about.

I'm not sure about the details of "network install", but you shouldn't
need 7 CDs to install debian.  One will do to get you up and running,
and then you can pull whatever packages you need over the net.  Also,
I'm suspicious about this "no Internal PCI cards" business.  Where is
this stated?

> I do plan on buying the cd set...but i wanted to make sure it worked
> with my hardware, and i liked it myself, before i buy it.

If money is such an issue and you have some bandwidth, there's no need
for you to buy the CDs.  Just download them.

> My other question, does debian work with AMD processors?  I believe
> they are intell compatible, but i can't find them mentioned on the
> debian site...so i figured i would ask the list.

I hope so ... my debian boxes are all athlons.

> Tim P.  Newark, DE (running mandrake and sick of it)

You've come to the right place!

--
monique