Re: OT - nForce, GeForce and VMWare

Sanjay Chigurupati wrote:
Hi,

I have an Asus A7vm266 ( something like that) motherboard. It uses nforce 2
chipset.
had lot of problems gettin drivers to work on win98 se.  made system
unstable.
u might be better off with XP.

Win98se drivers seem problematic.  spent almost like a week tryin to get it
to work.

about geforce, check Nvidia's site for drivers. they do have 3d
acceleration support. did u download the driver from their site? u might
have to do some tuning. just check the download for instructions. should be
in readme file

I think you completely misunderstood what I was trying to accomplish. I was attempting to get these devices working on a Win-98SE _virtual machine_ under VMWare. On the native Win-98 side of things, I had no problems whatsoever getting either the nForce or the GeForce drivers working. And there is absolutely no fuggin' way I am going to allow XP to exist anywhere on my network anyway...M$ will also never get any of my scarce and hard-earned cash (my Windows-98SE disk was purchased at a thrift store...)

Anyhow, the VMWare sound problem has been solved. But it looks like the VMWare 3D issue will be a no-go for now.