Re: Help: PCMCIA problems on 2.2 -> 2.4 kernel upgrade

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:20:08 +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:

Hi there,

> Anyone able to help on this one?
maybe me :)

>[...]
> 3c589_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use
Okay, I had the same problem with ne2k-cards: as soon as I inserted a card
into the second slot, the IRQ requested was in use..

I found out, that in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts (IIRC) IRQ 4 (which cardmgr
is trying to use per default) has been excluded from use with pcmcia-cards.

I commented out that line and am happy since.

HTH,

Rich
--
Richard Wonka - http://sanso.dyndns.org