Re: Status of Galeon in testing?

Nitebirdz <nitebirdz@sacredchaos.com> said on Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:19:55 -0600:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 08:34:30PM +1100, Tim Connors wrote:
> >
> > Is there a browser that is acceptable for slow computers? My AMD K6II
> > 500MHz box takes forever to render a page, or even to switch tabs.
> I know this doesn't address your question directly, but I'd check into
> possible performance issues in your system.  My main system here at home
> is a very old Pentium III 500 MHz and Mozilla's performance is just fine...
> running GNOME.  Could it be a problem with your video card, memory,
> <fill-in-here>?  I'd definitely check into it.

My laptop is 650MHz and flies also...
Hmmm. Sure, the video card is really really crap. But top shows that
most of the CPU time is in mozilla, with a bit in X.

The K6II only has only mmx and no sse.

I also added 256 Meg of 133MHz RAM, ontop of the original 128 100MHz
RAM. My understanding is that adding faster ram to a machine that only
does 100MHz will not *slow* things down, am I right?

cat ~/.signature
CPU time limit exceeded (core dumped)