Re: How do I create subdomains

On Sunday 25 January 2004 4:43 pm, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

> I think the system is very similar. I was looking at "man bind" quickly
> and didn't see much of MX and other kind of records mentioned
> somewhere else: A/CNAME/MX records (zone file handling)
> I imagine that info on that can be found in "DNS HowTo" or similar. If
> you can pouint me in the right direction I will appreciate it.

I think the formal DNS howto is here

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html

This site (particularly chapter 4 the big picture) gives a useful insight to
how some of it works

http://www.lifewithdjbdns.com/

This just gives a VERY SIMPLE overview of the concepts

http://www.lantimes.com/handson/97/706a107a.html
--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk