Re: USB and IDE-SCSI devices not showing up (migration from Mandrake to Debian testing).

On Sunday 25 January 2004 00:50, Andreas Janssen wrote:

>> Done.
> Yes. By the way, does it work now?

The CD-RW works now -- thanks very much!  Now I'll add the other option to
try handling the DVD/CD-R drive through SCSI emulation.

I still can't get the USB stuff to work properly though.  With the line you
suggested above in /etc/fstab, I see an error "mount: mount point /proc
bus/usb does not exist" during booting and the mount command does not list
that filesystem.  Afterwards I can su then "mount /proc/bus/usb" and the
contents of /proc/bus/usb appear, including devices which contains some
correct-looking stuff.  But none of the devices appear in /dev -- my
SmartMedia card reader used to appear (on my previous system) as
/dev/sda1.  Any idea what's still missing/wrong?

Thanks,
Adam