Re: libxstl problem

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 03:49:40AM +0100, knoppix wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got that problem if anyone could help
>
> I am trying to install a software on my debian
>
> When I run the ./configure it says :
>
> configure: error: Could not find libxslt anywhere, please check ftp:/
> xmlsoft.org/ for libxslt >= 1.0.7.
>
> so I downloaded it and when I make
> dpkg -i libxslt_1.1.2-2_i386.deb

I only saw rpms at ftp://xmlsoft.org

> it answers
> dpkg: error processing libxslt_1.1.2-2_i386.deb (--install):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libexslt.so.0.8.2', which is also in package
> libxslt1.1

You could install with:
dpkg -i --force-overwrite libxslt_1.1.2-2_i386.deb

But before you do that, install debian built packages that you have not
yet installed on your system. To get a list a what you have already
installed and what is not yet installed:

 dpkg -l libxslt*

--
Jerome