apt-get and dselect problems

Hello all,
	apt-get and dselect really have made me cry.

On my server running Debian Woody, i've kept it up to date with all
the patches.
i also use dselect. recently i used dselect and it automatically has
marked the package "webalizer" to be removed. I re-select it but it
gives a hell out of dependency problem saying that webalizer depends
on libgd2 or libgd2-noxpm. if i select libgd2 or libgd2-noxpm, then
package "nut" gives the hell out of dependency problem that it needs
libgd2.

well, i get forced not to use dselect, if i run apt-get update;
apt-get dist-upgrade;
there's no problem.
Note: I had installed nut from some site but it was a deb package.
The apt.conf file on my server is as follows:
Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 750

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 600

Now to my Desktop Client, it too runs Debian Woody. Since it has only
64mb of RAM, I'm stuck to the default versions of KDE, GNOME shipped
with woody. But I do need some packages from testing and unstable.
Likely ones are, sylpheed and gnupg
While doing apt-get -t testing install sylpheed I get a hell out of
problem saying:

Packages to Remove:
gnome gnome-core gnome-session gnome-panel etc

Packages to Install:
Sylpheed libgnomeui libgnomeui-common libgnomecanvar and many more.

Why does it want to remove gnome ? If it does how will I re-use Gnome.
I can't go for Gnome-2.0. The Desktop machine (64mb RAM) will not be
able to bear the Huge System Resource that these latest Destkop Window
Managers eat up.

Also doing apt-get -t testing install gnupg says:

Packages to Install:
libc6 libc6-dev and many  more.

I already have libc6 installed. Won't the new libc6 create problems
for other softwares (like KDE 2) for my system to malfunction.

I've not taken any step yet.. Please suggest me a remedy. I'm new to
Debian.

Ritesh