Re: Second X

Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 06:18:40PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Dennis Kaplan wrote:

Hello,

How can I log in to a second X session on my debian machine?
Right now I have X on F7 I like to log in as a different user on F8

Even a better idea: buy another video card, monitor, keyboard and mouse, and you can use Backstreet Ruby to have 2 users on your system using it simultaneously, just this way ;-)

Hugo.

What is that? Pointers? Never heard of Backstreet Ruby. Thank you in
advance.

Main page:
http://startx.times.lv/
Documentation:
http://varna.demon.co.uk/~svetlio/ruby-contrib/how-to/XFree-Local-multi-user-HOWTO/index.html
I run 2 video cards, each connected with a separate X server, with 2 monitors and 2 keyboards and 2 mice. Two users use Debian simultaneously: only one gets the full range of vc's, the other(s) "only" X (up tp 16).

Hugo.