Re: Tuning X

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:40:37AM +0100, David Baron wrote:
> On Thursday 22 January 2004 23:51, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
> wrote:
> > > both modprobe'd without a hitch. [agpgart, r128]
> >
> > Sounds hopeful, then.
> >
> > Does it make any difference? What sort of framerate do you get from
> > glxgears?
>
> No difference (yet)

...figure for framerate?

> Do I need these two modules in the modules list of XF86Config? -4?

No, they're kernel modules, not X modules. A useful place to enter them,
to get them to be loaded at boot time, is in /etc/modules.

> Should the "driver" be changed fron "ati" to "r128"

Again, no; "ati" is an X module, not a kernel module, and "ati" is the
correct one for your card.

This is beginning to look as if my best recourse to help you would be to
grab the config off the machine with the Radeon in it, so I'm not just
working from memory. I should be going over there early next week, so I'll
stick it in my "to copy" list of things off that machine.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons