LDAP - TLS/SSL - Testing

Hi,

Bit of a newbie i'm afraid, but i'm having the following problem.

I have managed to get Opneldap running in order to authenticate to my linux box which is an up to date 'testing'. I am now however trying to implement SSL/TLS which after three days is still failing. I have read most of the artciles around on the subject, but still no joy. I used apt-get install to install slapd etc and i think that i am right in thinking that this package is now built with TLS support.

The pc is on a local network with ip of 10.0.0.5 and i've given it a host name in hosts of a1it.org, ldap is set as dc=a1it,dc=a1it.org.

Any help gratefully received,

Lee