Re: Mozilla 1.5 from testing and Java

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 09:44:34PM -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Martin D. Weinberg wrote:
> >Folks,
> >
> >I followed the instructions in
> >/usr/share/doc/mozilla-browser/README.Debian on intalling the 1.4 java
> >plugin but whenever I attempt to do anything in java, even bring up the
> >java console, mozilla crashes.  The I tried this on different two boxes
> >with "testing" with the same results.  I tried both 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 j2se
> >plugins.
> >
> >I couldn't find any bug against mozilla-browser for this.   Is this a
> >known problem that I have missed in the bug list or perhaps I have done
> >something wrong here?
> >
> >Any clues?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >--Martin
> >

> What JRE/JDK implementation are you using (Blackdown, IBM, Sun)?
> Are you using the plugin version compiled with gcc3.2?
>
> -Roberto

Hi,

I tried both:

j2re-1.4.1-01-linux-i586-gcc3.2.bin
j2re-1.4.2-rc1-linux-i586-gcc3.2.bin

from the Blackdown ftp site.  I unpacked them, copied the plugin to
/usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla and made the link to
/etc/alternatives.  The "about plugins" showed that the plugin loads.
But as I said, any attempt to use it crashes mozilla.  I can try to
run strace on I suppose . . .

I found a link from the archive to an unofficial j2re-1.4.1 Debian
package.  I'll try that next.

--Martin