Re: partitions

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:52:47 -0500, Jose Peralta Ramirez wrote:

> i have 2 hard disks drives in my computer, one have fat32 an windows98,
> the other has four partitions, one NTFS, other with fat32, and with
> windows XP in the NTFS partition, other with SWAP and othe with EXT3
> and with linux in the ext3 partition.  what should i do to use the partition
> NTFS and FAT32 when i boot wiht linux ? can i do that ? should i reinstall
> linux with FAT32 or NTFS and not with ext3 ?

man mount
man fstab

will tell you how.  Here are a couple of examples from my own /etc/fstab,
the first being an XP NTFS partition and the second a fat32 partition:

/dev/hdb1  /media/xp/c     ntfs    defaults,ro,user,noauto,uid=paul,gid=paul 0 0
/dev/hdb2  /media/xp/share vfat    defaults,user,uid=paul,gid=paul           0 0

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual