Re: ddt-client error " ld.so: Incorrectly built binary"

Ahoj Benedikte!

Nizozemština je super, ale co takhle Anglicky: ``env LC_ALL=C foo''
instead of just ``foo'' would do ;-)

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:23:48AM +0100, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> Instellen van ddt-client (0.5.9.1) ...
> Stopping Dynamic DNS daemon: ddtcd.
> Starting Dynamic DNS daemon:     which accesses errno or h_errno
> directly.
> ld.so: See /usr/share/doc/libc6/FAQ.gz.
> ddtcd.
> sleep: invalid time interval `0.1'
> Probeer `sleep --help' voor meer informatie.

Huh?! sleep(1) says it accepts any float.  What does ``sleep --version''
output?

Here the execution of the /etc/init.d/ddt-client aborts, therefore:

> invoke-rc.d: initscript ddt-client, action "start" failed.

therefore:

> dpkg: fout bij afhandelen van ddt-client (--configure):
>  subproces post-installation script gaf een foutwaarde 1 terug

therefore:

> Fouten gevonden tijdens behandelen van:
>  ddt-client

The workaround would be changing 0.1 to an integer, or commenting out
the whole ``sleep 0.1'' line in /etc/init.d/ddt-client if that didn't
help (maybe adding some another time-consuming thingie).  However, many
things can break when the sleep command is broken, so replacing the
broken version should be the primary concern.

> Especially the line about ld.so seems weird. What can i do to solve
> this?
> I looked at  /usr/share/doc/libc6/FAQ.gz but that didn't clear anything
> up.

Section 3.1., I believe: the code uses errno without including errno.h
before.  The code isn't standard compliant, and will probably not work
with a standard-compliant C library apart from certain versions of
glibc.  The support for this type of code might get dropped in the
future.  Bugreport the maintainers or fix the code yourself.

HTH.
Jan.

--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 9