Re: Remove package configure options

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:39:52 -0800, Ian Neubert wrote:

> I just installed bugzilla with `apt-get install bugzilla`. I set some of the
> congiuration settings wrong when it ran the configure part of the deb
> package.
>
> I then ran `apt-get remove bugzilla`, and `dpkg -P bugzilla`.
>
> But now, when I try to `apt-get install bugzilla` it doesn't prompt me for
> the configure settings. How do I remove the configure settings from the
> package? Where are they stored and why don't they get removed when I
> `dpkg -P bugzilla`?

Probably because you already removed the package with apt-get, so dpkg
didn't have an installed package to purge.

apt-get install bugzilla         # so you can then purge it
apt-get --purge remove bugzilla  # purge it
apt-get install bugzilla         # install it

or, alternatively, you could probably just run

dpkg-reconfigure bugzilla

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual