Re: What's the best browser for deb 2.2.18?

Em Qui, 2004-01-22 às 02:38, Day Brown escreveu:
> I dont think I wanna try to upgrade the kernel so I can get the latest
> Moz or Opera.

	This stuff shouldn't be dependent on kernel, but then kernel upgrading
isn't so bad.  Actually libc is scarier, and necessary certainly.

> But, as you see, it runs the COREL 1.2 (deb 2.2.18)

	There is no Debian 2.2.18.  You are probably referring to Linux
version, but Debian GNU/Linux version should be something like 2.0 or
3.0r2 or whatever.

> Maybe I could get by with just a better emial tool. But- what is
> curious, is that when I went to Mozilla, I couldnt find an earlier
> version; it only wanted me to download the latest, and told me I needed
> to upgrade the kernel.

	How did you 'went to Mozilla'?  Can't you just apt-get install
<something> here?

> So- what more stable browsers work with 2.2.18? At least I might know
> specifically what I need.

	Mozilla, Firebird, Galeon, Epiphany, Konqueror...

	As for email clients, Mozilla-MailNews, Thunderbird, Evolution, Balsa,
Sylpheed, KMail...

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <ldutra@prefeitura.sp.gov.br>
Prefeitura do Município de São Paulo