Re: apt/sources.list error

Em Qui, 2004-01-22 às 16:48, Haines Brown escreveu:
> I'm running woody, but need to install a backport of postfix. So I
> added to /etc/aptsources.list the line:
>
>   deb http://people.debian.org/~hmh/woody/ hmh/postfix/

	This sounds strange, should be /etc/apt/sources.list.  Are you sure
about the line?  hmh/postfix/ sounds strange, check that it is really
there.

> This is the back port source specified on the debian site, it was
> recommended by someone, and I visited the site to ensure that the
> postfix backport was actually accessible there.

	But is it really a Debian repository?  Otherwise you'd better download
the deb and dpkg -i it.

> I don't understand this. Is it saying that the address I put in
> sources.list is invalid?

	No.

> Does aptitude update require some kind of
> switch if the repositories are mixed (stable and testing)?

	Not strictly, but man apt.conf will tell you what to do.

> What is thi
> file /var/lib/apt/lists/people.debian.org...? It does not exist on my
> machine.

	It should be created by apt.  Try apt-get instead of aptitude...

>  Does it need to create this as a directory and is failing to
> do so?

	It could be the Packages file at your 'repository' is not there...

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <ldutra@prefeitura.sp.gov.br>
Prefeitura do Município de São Paulo