Re: chkrootkit

Incoming from David Sanders:
> I just ran chkrootkit for the first time on a woody machine and got:
>
> Checking `lkm'... You have     1 process hidden for ps command
> Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed
>
> Checking `sniffer'...
> PROMISC mode detected in one of these interfaces: eth0 sit0

I wish this was added to the Debian chkrootkit manpage (if it
exists?).  This is a FAQ, and you'll get far better answers on
chkrootkit from the chkrootkit-users list.  You can search their
archive at:

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=chkrootkit-users

It's a very low volume, high S/N list.  If you use chkrootkit, you'd
be well advised to subscribe to it.

- -