Re: how to install fresh woody on 3ware7506-LP / raid?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:25:18 -0600,
Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20040121232518.GD31573@serensoft.com>:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:19:58AM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:38:57 -0600,
> > Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com> wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 20040120233857.GD11503@serensoft.com>:
> >
> > > i'm trying to get a fresh-from-cd woody install to work with (and
> > > install on) my 3ware 7506-4LP scsi/ide raid, with no success.
> > > if you have any suggestions, i'm all ears!
> > >
> > > i can install MORPHIX (v4.1, kernel 2.4.21) on my system with NO
> > > TROUBLE -- but of course it's based on unstable/testing
> > > debian distribution, and includes lots of cruft.
> >
> > ..<snip>
> >
> > > and the partitions come up nice as you please. what does morphix
> > > do that i need to get woody to do?
> >
> > ..ok, do an "harddisk" install from morphix, and then put woody deb
> > site listings in your /etc/apt/source.list, and do 'apt-get update '
> > then ' apt-get dist-upgrade ', it has been done off Knoppix
> > installs, so it should work here too.
>
> will that DOWNGRADE it from unstable to stable? i'm suspicious...

..I think so, dunno about the kernel, with a clusterKnoppix install a
few months back, it trew out kde-3.something for kde-2.2.2 which I
_didn't_ want happening, I like being able to throw xterm sessions
around.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: