Re: No keyboard input under X11

Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com> writes:

> I just installed Debian (woody) on a new box.  Whenever I invoke X11
> (kdm) the keyboard stops working. When configuring xserver, I have
> tried both pc101 and pc104 (I think it starts pc).  But the same
> results.  I have also tried xserver-xfree86 and xserver-svga.  The
> keyboard is plugged into a serial port, btw.

Do you mean that, or do you mean you have a USB keyboard?  If your
keyboard really is plugged into a real serial port ("my only console
is a dumb terminal") I don't think X will love you at all.  Otherwise,
Google ("usb keyboard xfree86") suggests that USB keyboards should, in
general, Just Work under X.

	-- Abra Mitchell