libqt-dev and libqt3-dev: can they coexist?

Hello,

(Unstable, most recent packages)
I have been trying to install qt 2.x headers in order to complete a compilation on some qt 2.3 based software. I have libqt2, libqt3 and libqt3-dev installed and functioning, but cannot install libqt-dev: libqt-dev depends on libpng2-dev, while libqt3-dev depends on libpng12-dev. It appears that it is the libpng packages that won't coexist. apt-get wants to remove libpng12-dev and libqt3-dev and install libpng2-dev in order to install libqt-dev.

Any advice appreciated: I have little in-depth knowledge of debian package management.

Regards,
John Spray
(jcs116 at york.ac.uk)