Re: apt-get upgrade.... dont.

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:34:16 -0800
Day Brown <daybrown@hypertech.net> wrote:

> I'm running Corel 1.2 (the debian 2.2.18 kernel)
> apt-get upgrade tries to hit on corel.com for the upgrade list.
> So, I go into /etc/apt/sources.list
> and change that from corel.... to
> ftp://debian.org
>
> but all I get is another error message telling me that line is wrong.

Try this in your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://security.debian.org woody/updates main contrib
non-free

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib
non-free

# chkrootkit backports for Woody
deb http://lackof.org/taggart/debian woody/chkrootkit main

# mplayer for Woody
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main

Note, non-free should be up on the end of the line above it, in the
several places where my e-mail editor wrapped it. If you don't want to
run Debian stable, replace "woody" with the name of the release you want
(sarge, testing, unstable, sid, etc.) Also, you may need to do an
"apt-get dist-upgrade" instead of simply "apt-get upgrade"... I'm not
sure which version of Debian your distro is based on.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135